I'm going to take this guide rope I put up that keeps me from running into the deck when I'm snowblowing with the X728 and show you the new brackets I made so I can get rid of the C-clamps. I almost hit the corner of the deck one day because there is a blind spot when driving the tractor with the cab. You look and all of a sudden there is the deck corner.
This is the set-up that's going away.
All I did was mash the end of the pipe to hold the rope in it.
Here's my new set-up. I'll be tearing it apart to paint it, but wanted to show you what it looks like. If you look close at the tie-wraps, they are just up against the rope. If I pull pretty hard, I can pull the rope right out from underneath the tie wraps. I want it to be a break-away type set-up, that way if some little kid swings on it, or I hook it with something it won't break the wrought iron loose up on the deck. Once the rope gets wet, it should swell up and be even harder to get out.